It is a fact that hardwood floors get spots and stains often, all you need is to apply minor cleaning solutions, and then you will get a clean and clear floor.
But you should do it rapidly, if you leave the spots unattended, it might damage the floor, and you need to replace the damaged patch of the floor.
The stains can distract the beauty of the floor, and you might be panic about having stains on your hardwood floor.
If you have purchased a new house and there are spots on its hardwood floor, or you have found stains on the wood floor of your old home and now is searching for the solution, then you have come to the right place as in this blog, you will learn all the details about removing wood floor stains.
So let’s get started without wasting any time.
What Causes White Spots on Hardwood Floors?
Are you worried about having spills on your hardwood floor?
Or want to know the cause of the white spots on the wood floor?
There can be the following causes of white spots on hardwood floors.
- Heat is one of the root causes of the white spots on the hardwood floor. any hot item placed on the floor can cause white patches on it
- Water dripping on the wood floor can also cause white patches on it.
- If the perfumes or other juicy items fall on the wood floor surface, then it can quickly get white stains on the floor.
What is the Best thing to Use to Clean Wood Floors?
When you know the root cause of the stains on your wood floor, you are indeed searching for the best cleaning products that can help you get rid of these irritating spills and stains.
You can choose one of them.
- Dishwashing soap + water + vinegar
- Lemon juice + hot water + olive oil
- Vinegar + vegetable oil
- Water + vinegar
On the white spots of hardwood floors, it is best to use hydrogen peroxide or mineral spirits. But to use mineral spirits, you have to be very careful as it can cause scratches on the wood floor.
How to Remove Dark Water Stains From Wood Floors?
Be sure to test before applying any solution.
Otherwise, you might suffer from a considerable loss. You can use one of the following mentioned methods to remove dark water stains on your wood floor.
- You can buy watermark remover cloth from the market specially introduced to remove water stains from wood.
- Rub the white toothpaste on the spots with a piece of cloth. It is an excellent solution in removing water rings.
- Mayonnaise is readily available in any house, and it has the quality to remove dark water stains. Apply it on the stains, let it dry for a few hours, and then wipe it with a cloth. Petroleum jelly can also do the same job as mayonnaise.
- Dab a rag wet with hydrogen peroxide on the stains and then let it dry. Repeat until you get a clean wood floor.
- Sanding the stains and also be a good option for removing dark water stains.
How to Bleach Wood Floor Stains?
To bleach the wood floor stains, you need to do it as follows.
- First of all, you need to choose a suitable bleach. If the spots are of ink or other beverages, then it is best to use household bleach. Chlorine bleach will be best on these spills.
- You can use a two-part bleach kit on the hard stains that includes hydrogen peroxide and hydrogen hydroxide.
- Prepare the area where you want to bleach. Sanding it will be good.
- Apply bleach on the spots using a stiff bristle brush.
- After applying oxalic acid or chlorine, you are required to neutralize the surface with vinegar before wiping it.
How to Remove Stains from Hardwood Floors Without Sanding?
You can also remove the stains on your hardwood floor without adopting the sanding method. Here is how you can do it.
- Take a cotton rag and soak it with hydrogen peroxide. Place it on the spot and let it sit for hours to work against the stain.
- After some time, remove the rage and wipe excessive chemicals from the floor.
- Now let the floor dry completely, and you will get its beauty again.
How to Remove Paint Stains from Wood Floor?
When you are painting the wall of your house, the paint falls on the floor, and it can get dry and looks distracting.
But don’t panic, because you can remove paints stains from the wood floor in the following manner.
- The best method to remove paint stains is to use a heat gun. Just point it on the blot and let it get soft. When it gets quiet, take a rag and wipe it down. It will remove paint stains.
- If you have no access to the heat gun, you can use an alternative method to remove paint stains. Rubbing alcohol will be a great substitute to remove paint stains. First, scrape the paint as much as possible and then apply the alcohol directly on the stains. Wipe the surface after some time and enjoy the new wood floor.
How to Remove Oil Stains from Unfinished Wood Floor?
Same as the paint stains, there might be oil stains on your unfinished wood floor.
Many solutions can help you remove the oil stains, but the below discussed method is natural and cannot damage the floor like mineral spirits.
- Take a bucket of hot water, pour ¼ cup vinegar, and two spoons of dishwashing soap in it.
- Pour the bucket solution on the floor where you have found oil stains.
- Take a soft bristle brush and rub it on the stains. Let it sit for some time, and then remove it by using a mop.
- Be sure to squeeze all the water from the floor.
- Take a towel and dry the surface completely. Now you have a clean floor as all wood floor stains are gone. Good job!