The washing machines are used regularly. The soap and dirt, and many other particles gather with time. If you get smelly clothes after washing them in the machine, there might be something wrong with the machine. You have to find out the cause; otherwise, you cannot wear smelly clothes.
You need to remove the washing machine odor to get rid of the smells.
In this article, you will get to know the causes, the ways to remove washing machine smells, home remedies, and the best washing machine cleaning hacks. Let us start exploring.
Washing Machine Odor Causes
If you smell a foul smell in your washing machine or the clothes that you have washed in it, then there is one of the following causes for this odor. It should be fixed quickly to prevent more issues.
- The soap can cause the growth of bacteria under the washing machine if it is not cleaned regularly.
- The dirt might gather that causes odor.
- The body oil in the clothes will go into the washing machine’s rubber and cause a bad smell.
- The hair might be stuck in the seals of the washing machine and can cause odor.
- Too much usage of a washing machine can also be one of the reasons for washing machine odor.
Washing Machine Smells Like Rotten Eggs
The washing machines might smell like rotten eggs. It will be very embarrassing for you that your clothes will also smell like that. You need to investigate if you have noticed rotten eggs’ smell.
The reasons for different scents are different. So, to prevent rotten eggs’ smell, the reasons are also distinct. The reason for rotten eggs smell might be the growth of mold and bacteria, or it can be due to the soap regularly used in washing machines. They grow if you do not clean the washing machine regularly.
There might be natural gas leakage that causes rotten eggs’ smell. You can fix this smell with the help of easy home remedies discussed in the later sections of this article.
Clothes Coming Out of Washing Machine Smelly
When you take the clothes out of the washing machine, they do not smell fresh. Iit means something is wrong with your machine.
You are required to give proper maintenance to your washing machine to get rid of the smells coming from the clothes after washing them.
In addition, it requires a thorough cleaning because the growth of bacteria or dirt is gathered inside the tub of the machine. Stay in this article to read top washing machine cleaning hacks to remove the odor from it.
How to Remove Odor from Washing Machine?
It is necessary to remove the odor from your washing machine to get the clothes with a fresh smell after washing.
There are many ways to keep the washing machine clean. You can remove the odor from the washing machine with some home remedies and buy some commercial cleaners to eliminate this odor.
Let us start removing washing machine odor with home remedies followed by many other elements like vinegar and baking soda.
Smelly Washing Machine Home Remedy
Yes, there are many home remedies that you can apply to remove the smell from your washing machine.
But, first, you can clean your washing machine for any dirt, debris, body oil, mildew, bacteria, and anything else that causes a foul smell with the two common products found in every house. These are baking soda and vinegar. This is the easiest and inexpensive recipe to get rid of the smell in the washing machine.
Do you want to know the use of these ingredients to remove washing machine odor? Your answer is undoubted yes.
Read the following section to get complete instructions about removing the smell from the washing machine with vinegar and baking soda.
How to Clean Washing Machine with Vinegar and Baking Soda?
To clean the washing machine with vinegar and baking soda, you need to follow the below instructions.
- First of all, you need to gather all the required materials like vinegar, baking soda, a used piece of cloth, a spray bottle, and a toothbrush.
- Add 2 cups of vinegar and baking soda to the washing machine. Then add one bucket of hot water to it.
- Run the machine to mix them well and keep it running for one long cycle.
- Leave this with the closed lid to sit for one hour and then run the clean water to remove all the ingredients.
- Now dry the machine with the microfiber cloth and run the toothbrush in the seals of the washing machine for hairs or the thread of the clothes.
How to Clean Washing Machine with Bleach?
Bleach is also significantly used to clean the washing machines. It is also a primarily used cleaning agent.
For front loader washing machines cleaning, apply the following steps.
- First of all, set the temperature of your washing machine at the highest level.
- Add two cups of bleach to the tray of your machine.
- Run the washing machine for a long cycle.
- Start the cycle by allowing the basket to be filled with water and let the bleach mix.
- Leave this solution into the machine basket so that all the debris will be removed. And then run clean water after removing the bleach water. You have all done.
- You can clean the other machines in this manner with a slight difference.
How to Clean Washing Machine Tub?
Follow the below steps to clean the washing machine tub.
- Remove all the items from the tub.
- Add vinegar, baking soda, and water into the tub and let the washing machine run for one cycle.
- Remove all the debris after the cycle ends.
- Let the door of the washing machine open to keep it dry.
- Make sure that all the debris is removed.
How to Clean Washing Machine Drum?
It is good to keep the washing machine drum clean so that there will be no foul smell and any debris found on the clothes washed in it. To clean the washing machine, drum, apply the mentioned step to get good results.
- Add the vinegar and baking soda into the washing machine drum.
- Scrub the interior of the drum with a nylon brush to keep it clean from any dirt and dust.
- Run the washing machine at the highest temperature with this solution so that all the debris will leave the seals.
- Make sure you are running an empty washing machine only with the said ingredients.
In the end, you will get a clean washing machine drum.
Following the above-discussed methods, you can easily remove the washing machine odor and have fresh and neat clothes.