Microfiber use is becoming popular in various products like chairs, couches, and beds. This material is made to be clean without any difficulty as it is not a natural material.
For its durability, the cleaning of microfiber is essential. But if you have decided to clean your couch, you have to see the recommendations from the guidebook given by the couch manufacturer. Also, make sure to use chemicals that are not harmful to steam clean microfiber couch.
In this article, you will particularly read about the process of cleaning steam microfiber as well as cleaning the couch with different products that are readily available in the market. So, let us get started.
Can You Steam Clean Microfiber Couch?
Yes! You can quickly steam clean a microfiber couch. And it will be good for you to adopt this method of cleaning for your microfiber couch. As and when you see a stain on your couch, then you sould get your steam cleaner out to remove the stain.
Steaming is beneficial for removing any dust and debris from your microfiber couch. Below you will read the method to clean the microfiber couch with a steam cleaner.
How To Clean Microfiber Couch with Steam Cleaner?
As already told that the steam cleaning is the best process to clean the microfiber couches. You can clean a microfiber couch with a steam cleaner easily and quickly by following the below instructions.
- First of all, you have to remove all the cushions and vacuum the entire couch to eliminate the debris.
- After vacuuming, you will need a lint roller that you can move over the couch to remove the hairs of the pets. You have to remove the hairs before using a steam cleaner.
- As told, you earlier, you have to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, so use any chemical. Use only the recommended one.
- Fill the steam cleaner tank with water and add the chemical in the exact position of the cleaner.
- It is time to spot test the cleaner to make sure that it is working accurately. Once you found the steam cleaner properly heats up, you must test it in a place where any damage that occurs due to the steam cleaner cannot be seen.
- Now, if you notice that the couch has cleaned up and passed the test, then you can use the steam cleaner on the whole couch? In this manner, you can clean the couch easily but make sure that you are running the steam cleaner on the couch in a peaceful manner.
How to Steam Clean Microfiber a Couch Without a Steam Cleaner?
You can even steam clean your microfiber couch without a steam cleaner. You can do it as follows.
- Remove all the cushion covers and thoroughly clean them in the washing machine. Add some fabric softener to prevent any damage to them. Then put the cushions in the sunshine to dry them thoroughly so that there will be no moisture left in them. It is essential to prevent mildew on the couch.
- No need to wash the entire couch; clean it where you notice any stain. You can use any cleaning product for this purpose.
- If the whole couch needs cleaning, then you can spray the water and the cleanser on it and then scrub it out.
- If there is a lot of dust on your couch, then you can also use a dust extracting tool to get the dust out of your couch.
How to Clean Microfiber Couch Home Remedies?
You can clean your microfiber couch with home remedies, but at first, you have to find out what kind of solution will be used for your couch, like water-based or solvent-based.
For a water-based solution, you will need to add baking soda and vinegar to the solution. It will help you to remove smells. For solvent-based solutions, you will need warm water that is approximately half a spray bottle, and then add the alcohol or the ammonia in the bottle to clean the couch.
How to Clean Microfiber Couch with Carpet Shampooer?
The carpet shampooers are very effective in cleaning microfiber applications. Let us see how you can do it.
- Apply the first three steps mentioned in the steam cleaning section.
- Find out the type of solution to be used on your couch.
- Fill the carpet shampooer with the hot water in a bottle and also pour some carpet detergent.
- Spray the shampooer on the entire couch.
After some time, brush the couch to remove all the carpet detergent, and then you will get neat and clean couches.
How to Clean a Heavily Soiled Microfiber Couch?
If the microfiber couch has gained much debris and is heavily soiled, then it needs cleaning. You can apply different methods by using other products to clean a microfiber couch like Windex, carpet shampooer, and vinegar discussed briefly in the separate sections of the article.
How to Clean Microfiber Couch with Windex?
You can use a Windex window cleaner for the microfiber couch cleaning process. But make sure that you are not using it on light-colored couches as it is a colored product. You can clean it as follows.
- Clean all the debris from the couch and then spray Windex on it. But make sure it does not soak.
- Gently scrub the material on the couch with a soft brush.
- Let it sit for the time it gets dry, and it will take a few times to be dry, and then you will get a clean couch.
How to Clean Microfiber Couch with Vinegar?
Vinegar is a great cleaning agent that is found in our homes easily. You can also clean the microfiber couch with vinegar in the following manner.
- Vacuum the couch and spray the vinegar on it.
- If there are hard stains, then use a brush to scrub on them.
- If the couch is heavily soiled, then you may need to remove the process. Otherwise, it can be cleaned in the first attempt.
Cleaning Microfiber Couch with Rubbing Alcohol
For cleaning, you need to choose the right cleaning product. You can also clean a microfiber couch with rubbing alcohol. Do it as mentioned below.
- Vacuum your couch to remove the debris.
- Fill the rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and then apply it on the couch.
- Use a soft bristle scrubber to scrub on the tough spots.
- Use a sponge to remove the dust and moisture from the couch.
- Let the couch dry after clearing all the material.
How To Clean Light Colored Microfiber Couch?
For a light-colored microfiber couch, you will need to attempt any method carefully and the product to be used in the process. Like the Windex cannot be used in the light-colored couch as it is a colored product. So, you can use rubbing alcohol or vinegar to clean a light-colored microfiber couch. The process of cleaning with each product is mentioned in the above sections.
By now you have known how to steam clean microfiber couch and this way you can remove the dust and debris from your couch easily.