Cleaning a mattress is necessary because, with time, it gathers dust that affects the lifetime of your mattress. Steam cleaning mattress will not only take away dust but also work against dead skin cells, bacteria, smells, and bed bugs.
It will keep you safe from allergies, and then you will have peace of mind while sleeping. You can stream clean a mattress by yourself because it is unnecessary to hire a professional for this purpose. You will only need to vacuum with a steam cleaning machine then you are good to go.
In this article, you will read how you can steam clean your mattress and what actions are required to remove stains from the mattress. In the end, you will get to know the advantages of the steam clean a mattress. So let’s get started.
Can You Steam Clean a Memory Foam Mattress?
Yes, you can surely steam clean your memory foam mattress, but it is suggested not to do so because the steam cleaner cleans things with moisture and heat.
So in this way, your mattress can damage easily. It will damage the integrity of your memory foam and will also be a question on your warranty.
You should clean your memory foam traditionally, but if the stains are difficult to remove in this method, you can do the following with your memory foam mattress to clean it.
- First of all, you should check the instruction on your mattress. You will find the best cleaning method here.
- Most of the memory foam mattress comes with removable cover, check yours and then wash the cover.
- Take detergent and pour it in water for cleaning stains. And be sure to work on the wet stains. In this way, you can easily remove the stains.
- Use a vacuum cleaner on your mattress regularly, and then let it sit in the air to dry completely.
- For a fresh smell from your mattress, you can sprinkle baking soda on your mattress and then cover it for few hours. And make sure to wash the bedsheets once a week. Then you have all done.
How to Steam Clean a Mattress?
To steam clean a mattress, you will need to get some free time and then follow below steps:
- First of all, you should empty your mattress from all the sheets and pillows.
- Wash the sheets in high heat to clean and sanitize completely.
- Now sprinkle baking soda on your mattress for deodorizing and let it sit for one to two hours. Baking soda can remove smells; that is why with a tough smell, you can use it for sitting for one day.
- Now run the vacuum by attaching it to your hands. It will remove excess dirt that helps you in the easy steam cleaning process.
- It is time to steam clean the mattress. Always choose a machine that you can easily afford. Be sure to apply the recommended heat on your mattress. Start using it with light strokes on the mattress. Do it same with the sides of your mattress as well. Be sure to let the mattress dry completely. And then you can cover the mattress with bed sheets because you have all done.
How to Remove Sweat Stains from Memory Foam Mattress?
To remove sweat stains from a memory foam mattress, you can attempt the following steps:
- First of all, you need to remove all the moisture from sweat stains. You can use a paper towel for this purpose.
- Take dish-washing soap and water in equal quantities to spray it on the stains.
- Now again, soak the moisture with a paper towel. And then sprinkle baking soda on the stains and cover them completely.
- Vacuum the stains and remove all the moisture and baking soda from your mattress.
- Be sure always to use a mattress cover. It will help to prevent stains in the future.
Is It Safe to Steam Clean a Mattress?
Using a steam cleaner will help you feel like it will keep all the debris away from dust, debris, and bacteria.
But using a steam cleaner will also give you discomforts like it can leave excessive moisture on your mattress, leading to mold growth on your mattress. It is because moisture is the favourite place for mould to grow.
So you have to make sure that you are letting the mattress dry completely after steam cleaning. Otherwise, it will be an unsafe effort for you. And one more important thing is that you have to follow the instructions mentioned on your mattress for a safe cleaning process.
How Often to Steam Clean Mattress?
If you are making efforts to keep your mattress clean regularly, it means you are not letting dust sit on your mattress, like changing bed sheets every week and cleaning them with traditional cleaning hacks.
In this way, you can steam clean the mattress once a year. It will get you a fresh look. But if you fail to do so, you will need to steam clean the mattress two or three times a year. But be sure to follow the guidelines of the manufacturer.
Benefits of Steam Cleaning Mattress
From all the above discussion, you must have got the advantages of steam cleaning mattresses. But to recall the benefits, read the following points.
- When you use your mattress daily, it collects dust mites that increase with time, and the mattress starts looking old. It will be very beneficial to steam clean the mattress as it will get all the debris and germs out of your mattress, and you will start enjoying your sleep.
- Most of the stains are difficult to remove traditionally, but steam cleaner has resolved the issue. So you can now get rid of all stains and odors completely by using the steam cleaning method on your mattress.
- You will also find your mattress durable as it will be a new mattress after steam cleaning, and it will be a great incentive for you, and you do not need to spend more money on buying a new mattress.
Steam cleaning a mattress will help you to get rid of the debris as well as it will improve the quality of your sleep.
So, if you find your mattress dirty and are looking for how to steam clean mattress, the article will help you in your search. Use any of the given methods and you will have a clean mattress.