Soft wash roof cleaning is the best solution to avoid any damages. It is because, in soft washing, high-pressure techniques are not used. It kills all the enemies of your interior without using cruel forces. Many things cause black lines on the roof.
One of the root causes is Gloeocapsa Magma that allows other microorganisms to collect in these streaks. It includes bacteria, algae, fungi, mildew, and mold.
In this article, you will learn deeply about soft washing, the way to Softwash a roof, and its benefits. If you are facing any issues like black streaks on your roof, then keep reading this article. It will take you out of all the issues. No doubt you can Softwash your roof by yourself, but it might not be safe for you to do it as it is a technical task. So it is recommended to hire some professionals to do the task.
However, to gather info about soft washing, let’s dive into depth.
What is Soft Wash Roof Cleaning?
Soft wash is a term used for low-pressure cleaning methods to remove all the microorganisms that can damage the interior. As told you in the above section that over time roof gets damaged due to numerous reasons.
Cleaning a roof with traditional pressure washing methods with causes a high risk to the safety of your roof. In soft wash roof cleaning, special solutions fix all the black streaks on your roof. It is a very effective and durable method to clean the roof.
If you ask for the safest way to clean a roof, the answer will be quick as Softwash roof cleaning is the only answer to the said questions. All in all, if you want to increase the age of your roof, then apply soft washing techniques on your roof.
Many chemicals are used in the soft wash roof cleaning method. But most professionals and contractors prefer to use bleach mixed with water to remove algae, moss, and mildew from the top and sides of your roof.
However, lighting cleanses, trisodium Phosphate, super scent masker, concentrated soft wash biocide, surfactant, and sodium. Hypochlorite is also used by professional companies that offer soft wash roof services.
Black algae, moss, and many other microorganisms can grow on the roof. So a professional can do this job. Being a contractor, you need to clean the roof of your customer and soft wash roof cleaning, so follow the below steps thoroughly.
- First of all, you should remove the worst moss and mildew. An experienced person is needed if the roof is not too steep. But with a steep rooftop, a homeowner can also do it using spray to work from the ground used water-fed pole technology. But be sure to protect the gutter outlets to block.
- If you have plants on the rooftop or on the sides of your house where the chemicals can fall on them while soft washing the roof, then you should put them far off place from the roof. It is because the chemicals like bio Cleanse can change the color of leaves and flowers. If you are a professional, then you should protect the plants of your customer.
- Remove solar panels from the roof because if you clean the roof after installing the solar panel, you might not clean the entire roof. The moss and mold can grow under the panels. So softwash before installing solar panels on the roof.
- After attempting the above three steps now, you are good to go and apply the chemicals to make the roof neat and clean. Use Benz Bio Cleanse or the other recommended chemicals used in the cleansing of most roofs. But with Bio Cleanse, you will get more advantages than other chemicals. Like you can go more deeply into the tours, and there is no need of rinse after bio cleanse, that is why it is the most effective and profitable way to softwash roof.
- Benz Lighting Cleanse will give a rapid clean effect, but it requires rinsing.
Softwashing is also best for metal roofs because it prevents damage and keeps them last for a long time. There might be stains on the metal roof, and also mold has grown onto the roof.
You should also consider that you will also need to hire a professional here who will work by using recommended methods. Contractors will soft wash your metal roof as follows.
- The tools required for metal roof cleaning are a washcloth, sponge, soft-bristle brush, and non-abrasive pad. And the materials required for soft washing metal roof is water, detergents, petroleum solvents.
- Water is the best material if dust, debris, and other light elements are on the roof. Water is used until all the debris is removed.
- Add ¼ cup of detergent in a water gallon and apply the solution using a sponge and let it on the roof’s surface for 10 to 20 minutes. Then rinse the solution with clean water.
- If the metal roof contains tough stains, mineral spirits and rubbing alcohol are used on them.
- If algae, fungi, and mildew have grown up on a metal roof, mix laundry detergent, bleach, and water. Apply the solution to the affected areas and scrub the area using a soft bristle brush until all the germs leave the surface. In the end, rinse it with plain water.
If you can still see the stains on the roof after soft washing, you can repeat the process, and you will surely remove all the stains. And you can also use the recommended chemicals for tough stains.
Softwashing is a great way to wash the roof without any damages. It has the following benefits that you cannot forget and then you will surely prefer the soft washing roof cleaning method.
- Your home might begin looking dirty because of bad weather. Softwashing will give a new look to your home.
- You and your family will enjoy a healthy life
- The life of your home roof will increase
- All the pests will be removed and will also prevent them from growing further.
- If your roof’s lifetime increases, then in this way, you will not need to replace it early, and you will save your money.
Roof cleaning needs to be done after every few months. For this purpose, soft wash roof cleaning is considered the best option.