Pressure washing windows can be a very exciting task and is a famous method for window cleaning. But it does not mean that you are free to pressure wash windows as there are many things that you need to consider so that you will end up with success without damaging or causing loss of anything in your home.
A pressure washer is beneficial as it can wipe out all the algae and mold that has grown up on and the sides of your windows. But if you did not use it carefully, then it can shelter glass windows.
In this article, you will read how to pressure wash different types of windows and the benefits of pressure washing windows. You can do it by yourself easily or can also hire professional services to avoid any damage.
So let’s start this great task.
Yes, using high-pressure water to clean windows can easily cause damage. If you concentrate on one spot with the pressure washer, it will lead to the weakness of that spot of the window that causes loss, and then you might even need to replace the window.
The direct use of a pressure washer will also cause damage to glass windows. And if you have no idea to use a pressure washer and continue doing it, then it is also a bad idea, and you will have to regret it.
So it is suggested to follow the guidelines mentioned in the next section of the article to pressure wash windows to avoid any risks. And if you fail to use the equipment accurately, it will be good to get professional services.
To start the experience, you will first need to arrange all the required tools to pressure wash windows.
For this purpose, you will need low pressure of approximately less than 2000 psi, a wide spray hose, and you must be proficient in mixing water and cleaning agents in the spray hose. After this, follow the below steps to get algae, mold, dust, and debris-free windows.
- Connect the pressure washer with the water source and set the nozzle at wide spray. Before start using it on front windows, test it on the garage windows so that you will not suffer from any risks.
- Add the soap or detergent to the specific box of the washer. Be careful about choosing the soap as it can be dangerous for the windows. It is suggested to use recommended soap.
- Spray with the pressure washer on the window from a 30-degree angle. Don’t spray on window putty.
- When you have completely sprayed the window with soap and water, please turn off the soap dispenser and spray clean water on the windows to rinse it.
- Make sure that you are spraying clean water quickly after soap. Otherwise, it can dry and leave marks on your home windows.
You can use the soap that has been written to be used for windows and siding. It can be a dish detergent and multi-use soap. The soap that is made for pressure washers will also help you to clean your windows.
People use different cleaning agents and soaps in the pressure washer for cleaning windows. But when they did not use clean water to rinse the soap instantly, it gets dry and leaves residue even after pressure washing.
So you have to remove it to get clean windows. For this purpose, you can use dishwashing detergent mixed with vinegar. Use a newspaper and gently scrub the solution on your glass window.
In the end, you will surely remove all the residue of pressure washing.
uPVC windows are also known as vinyl windows that are a strong type of PVC material to last for a long time. Pressure washing uPVC can cause damage to them.
As pointing an extreme pressure on the windows will damage them, you will suffer a huge loss. It is suggested to use a traditional windows cleaning method rather than a pressure washer.
Like you can use vinegar mixed with hot water and spray this solution on uPVC windows. It will remove all the debris and mold from windows, and you will end up with clear and white uPVC windows again.
Double pane windows consist of two glass sheets instead of a single-pane window. It has a small space between the glass sheets that are for insulation.
When it comes to pressure washing double pane windows, then it can be a very critical question. It is because there are more chances of damage to double pane windows than single sheet windows.
Most of the manufacturers of the pressure washer suggest not using it on double pane windows.
However, if you really want to do it, then hire professionals to do the task as they are experienced people and can save you from any damages.
The pressure washer and power washer are the widely used machines to wipe out stains on different types of surfaces. But when it comes to the difference between these two, it is best to describe them in the following contrasting points.
- The main difference between a power washer and a pressure washer is the water is used. The power washer uses hot water combined with detergent or soap to prove tough on the stains, but the pressure washer does not use heat to clean the stains.
- A pressure washer is used with the most cleaning jobs, and the power washer is used when there are tough stains on the surface.
- Bacteria are easily wiped out with a pressure washer, and the moss, mold, and algae are easy prey of pressure washers.
Pressure washing windows with recommended precautions is no more than a blessing. It provides the following benefits.
- When using a pressure washer, you do not need to wait for extra time to let the solution on the surface. In this way, you will save much of your time as compared to traditional cleaning hacks.
- It will keep your family safe from mildew and algae etc.
- You can easily operate a pressure washer.
- It will make your building look attractive after wiping out all the debris and mold.
- It will also save a lot of money by preventing repairs and replacement.
If you are looking the way to pressure washing windows of your house. You are at the right place as this article will help you a great deal.