Suppose you are having a new house and want to renovate or paint it, especially the kitchen of your house, then you need to take care of some special things. In this article, you will get to know that about painting kitchen cabinets without sanding and stripping.
How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets without Sanding or Stripping?
The following points are sure to help you in painting the kitchen cabinets:
Clean the Cabinets:
You need to keep the cabinets ready means that you must clean them before painting. Make sure to remove the doors to save them from stains.
Remove the Wood Marks:
Clean the cabinets with some detergent to remove the marks from the wood. And after that scuff the cabinets using sandpaper just to remove the old finish from the wood.
Paint the Base:
Painting the base coat with latex paint to avoid oil-based paint.
Apply Two Coats:
After the base coat, you must wait for two or three days, making shading effects with a thin coat of paint. If you want two coats, then use sandpaper to scuff the first one to make it look smooth and neat.
How to Restore Kitchen Cabinets without Sanding or Varnishing?
You can restore your old and ugly kitchen cabinets to a new and clean look without sanding or varnishing. You can make the kitchen cabinets fresh with just a new coat of paint. You can do it in the following manner:
Clean the Dirt:
first, make the cabinet dirt and grime-free. You can use a scrubbing sponge for this purpose.
Use Some Liquid:
Because you are restoring your kitchen cabinets without sanding, so use some liquid deglosser with a cloth and apply it to all the cabinets.
Remove the Doors:
Before painting, make sure to cover the doors and remove all the hardware from the cabinets.
Apply Neat Paint:
Now it is time to paint all the parts of the cabinets with a neat paint coat.
Restore the Original Version:
When the paint dries completely then again attach the hardware and remove the covering from the doors. And you will have a beautiful kitchen now.
How to Whitewash Cabinets without Stripping?
At earlier, people use to mix white paint in thinner and apply it, which was referred to as whitewash. But nowadays it is available in the market. You do not need to mix it.
By following the given steps, you can whitewash cabinets without stripping.
- First, remove the cabinet doors, and then make them free from old stains.
- Then sand the cabinets with sandpaper or hand to get the original color back by removing the old finish.
- Make sure if the doors are of softwood, then apply conditioner on the wood.
- Chose the desired stain for whitewash and test it that how it works. If it is giving accurate results, then start applying it to the cabinets. When this coat dries, then apply a top coat for finishing.
How to Eliminate Brush Strokes When Painting Cabinets?
If the brush strokes are miner, then no need to worry because as the finish becomes dry, they become lighter. But if there are major marks of the brush strokes, then you must eliminate them. If you are painting your cabinets, then you must follow the below steps to avoid brush strokes.
1) Use the Right Brush:
You should use the right brush with good techniques when you have decided to paint.
2) Paint in the Same Dimensions:
You need to paint in the same dimension as the grain of the wood.
3) Use a Microfiber:
If you do not want even a minor brush stroke, then it is recommended to use a microfiber roller for painting.
How to Get a Smooth Finish when Painting Kitchen Cabinets?
When you have decided to paint kitchen cabinets and have a desire to get a smooth finish, then you should follow the mentioned tips:
- Prepare the cabinets and clean them. Then make sure to get all the required things before starting painting.
- Remove the doors and hardware to keep them stain-free. And cover the areas which you do not want to paint.
- Check cabinets for dirt and grime, then clean them to get a completely fresh look. Also, sand them to remove the old finish.
- If there is any hole in the cabinets, then fill them and clean the cabinets again.
- Apply primer coat on cabinets and then sand the cabinets softly to clean them.
- Paint the cabinets with a first coat, then clean it again when it becomes dry and apply a final coat.
- Attach the detached doors and hardware and see the magic as your kitchen cabinets have turned to a new and fresh look.
How to Fix Worn Spots on Kitchen Cabinets?
Everyone wants to have the cool and neat look of their kitchen cabinets. If the cabinets are worn spotted, then it becomes necessary to fix these worn spots. If you have the same problem and want to fix it, then apply the following steps:
- Understand the kind of wood, which has been used to build the cabinets. It is because different woods may be damaged by different materials.
- Wipe your cabinets to make all worn spots visible.
- Use the relevant tool to buff away scrapes. Use putty to fill up dents and worn spots.
- After this, use a new coat of paint to refinish the cabinets. In this way, you will get a spot-free kitchen.
How to Paint Varnished Cabinets?
Painting is a great way to change the look of the thing. Cabinets can be painted with a new look even without sanding or stripping. You can paint varnished cabinets if you follow the said instructions.
- First, you need to cover all the surroundings of the cabinets to keep them safe and spotless.
- Then prepare the cabinets by cleaning them and checking them for all the imperfections. If there are holes, then fill them by using putty.
- Apply primer on the cabinets then clean them again and wait for few hours. Afterward, apply the paint to cabinets. Two coats of paint will be enough and hence in this way you can give a clean look to the varnished cabinets.
Painting is a great experience to transform things. You can paint the kitchen cabinets of a new house as well as can refinish the old kitchen cabinets.
In this article, different guidelines for painting kitchen cabinets without sanding or stripping are given. If you have any problem like that you can follow the tips and can enjoy a clean and fresh look of the heart of your house.