Earwigs can create a fear if they are found in the home. This is a serious problem for the homeowners whether it is inside the home or outside.
Earwigs can damage the things in your home or can destroy food and fruits. If you have found earwigs at your place, then you do not need to worry as this article will give you the solution to this issue.
As you will find here, how to get rid of earwigs in your house and keep them out of your house. Keep reading to get rid of earwigs.
How to Get Rid of Earwigs in your House?
It is very essential to take action against the earwigs. To get rid of earwigs at your home apply one of the following tips and you will get your house completely free from these frightening pests.
- Dishwasher detergent and water make a perfect solution to kill the earwigs.
- The boric acid powder available at hardware stores will also kill the earwigs. But make sure to keep all the birds, pets, and kids away from the area where it is applied as it can be very dangerous for them.
- Purchase the pesticides from the market to use against these bugs like malathion and sevin, etc.
- Disposing of the eggs of the earwigs will discard their further growth.
- Vacuum the area where you found the earwigs so you will get rid of them.
How to Get Rid of Earwigs Naturally?
You can get rid of the earwigs in your house naturally by applying the following tips. These tips are equally good for these bugs both inside and outside the house.
- The earwigs love the smell of soy sauce. So, you can use it to trap them in your place. Take a mason jar and create some holes on top of it. Add oil and soy sauce in the jar and put the lid on it. Bury the jar in the soil and let the earwigs come to it. Once they get into it, they will never come back as the oil will prevent them from moving.
- Alcohol and water make an excellent solution for killing earwigs. Add the mixture to the spray bottle and spray it everywhere you think that there will be earwigs.
- Insecticidal soap and neem oil can also be used to kill these bugs. The soap water prevents them from breathing and the salt in the soap will dry all the moisture in their body that will cause their death.
How to Get Rid of Earwigs in the Garden?
The earwigs can be removed easily from your garden as you have done in the above section where you have removed them from your home. Spray your garden or make traps against the bugs to clean your garden.
Clean the garden from leaves and do not gather too much moisture. Use the tips mentioned in the above section and you will surely get rid of earwigs in your garden.
How to Get Rid of Earwigs in Potted Plants?
The earwigs can be found on the potted plants. An easy way to prevent them and get rid of them is to create a trap for them. Soy sauce and oil can be the best solution in this case.
Prepare a container with olive oil and soy sauce of equal quantity. Make holes in the container and bury it in between your plants. This will catch all the bugs in it and never let them move anyway.
You can also spray your potted plants to get rid of these pests but before doing this, test the spray on one leaf and check for the results. If it shows positive results and does not damage the leaf, then you can apply it to all the plants.
Why are there Earwigs at my House?
The earwigs can come accidentally into your house or they can be here to seek shelter against severe weather conditions. They are usually found in the holes and cracks of the house but if someone disturbs their place they might be seen in your house. Earwigs at your house can come for the following reasons.
- The earwigs do not eat the foundation of your house as some other pests do. The reason to enter your house might be that your house has several opportunities to get food for them. So, they can seek food in your house.
- Their purpose might be to get a safe place to hide when they enter your house.
- The earwigs love the moisture. If your house offers them a place like it then they can come to your place. They can come in your washrooms or under the kitchen sink etc.
How to Prevent Earwigs?
After removing all the earwigs from your house or garden, it is time to prevent them in the future. You can prevent earwigs by the following tips.
- If there are any holes in the window screen, then you need to cover or repair them. This is because there is a chance that the earwigs can enter from these holes into your home.
- The pincher bugs can also get an entry from the cracked foundations or holes around the house. So, you are required to check the holes and fill them with caulk that prevents them.
- Check if the drains or pipes of the home are leaking. If they are, then fix them as these can be places from where the pincher bugs can enter your home.
- Leaves, stones, vegetation, and woodpiles are ideal sources of food for earwigs. So, keep them away from the basis of your house.
- Clean the gutters as they can also be a source of spreading the earwigs at your home. A dirty gutter can create a wet place around your home, which is an ideal location for these pests. So, clean it regularly to prevent these pincher bugs.
Earwigs can create a frightening environment both in your house and in the garden. So, you should follow the given steps of how to get rid of earwigs in your house and keep your house disease and germ-free.