Carpet is used on daily basis; people sit on it and perform their activities. Women have their makeover while sitting on it. and it is of course possible that the things fall on it and cause stains, like nail polish.
If you are facing such issues then now you should not panic. You can remove it with some trusty solution.
In this article, you will learn how to get nail polish out of the carpet even if it has dried out.
The article will tell you how to use different cleaning products on nail polish spots. So keep reading the blog if you want to get your clean and clear carpet back.
How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet After It Dried?
You might have an idea that the nail polish dries out quickly.
- Scrap the dry nail polish from the carpet. You can use a spoon or a dull knife to scrape the surface of the carpet.
- Wet the nail polish stain that has been left on your carpet.
- Pour some nail paint remover onto a piece of cloth and blot the stain with this cloth.
- The cloth will get some of the nail polish in return.
- Repeat the third step until you get a clean cloth after blotting it on the mark again and again.
Note: vinegar can also be an option to clean the nail polish from the carpet. So you need to do it as follows.
- Take white vinegar and pour it on the stain.
- Wait for 20 to 30 minutes so that the vinegar can soften the nail polish stain.
- Take a toothbrush and scrub it on the nail polish gently.
- The nail polish will start leaving the carpet.
- Take a clean cloth and blot the surface of the carpet until a clean cloth returns to you.
You can also get the stains out of the carpet after it dries with soapy warm water as follows.
- Pour some drops of liquid soap into warm water and mix them well.
- Take a sponge and wet it with the solution.
- Set the stain with this sponge.
- Now take rubbing alcohol and cover the nail polish mark with it.
- Scrub the surface with a soft-bristle toothbrush so that it will not damage the carpet.
- Soak the stains with the sponge and keep doing it until you did not see any stains on the carpet.
How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Baking Soda?
Baking soda is a natural cleaning item and is found in almost every kitchen.
If you do not have vinegar or nail paint remover in your house then you can do the task with the help of baking soda that is a necessary item in the house.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the nail polish stains on the carpet.
- Pour ginger ale on the spots where you have sprinkled baking soda.
- Wait for 20 minutes to let the nail polish soak in the products.
- Gently scrub the surface with a toothbrush to make the stains soft.
- Make a soapy mixture and dip a cloth in it.
- Scrub the stains with this cloth.
- Rinse the area with a piece of cloth wet with clean water.
- Repeat the process of rinsing until the stains vanish.
How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Sugar?
When you are painting your nails, the nail polish accidentally falls on the carpet, and if you notice the wet nail polish then you can use sugar to clean the stains.
- Sprinkle sugar on fresh nail paint spots.
- The crystals in the sugar will help you to absorb wet nail polish.
- Wait for some time to let the sugar soak nail polish.
- Scoop the sugar from the carpet and then you will get a clean carpet again.
- Be sure to not use a vacuum cleaner as the sugar mixture can block the machine.
How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Hairspray?
When you take hairspray as a cleaning product to get the nail polish out of the carpet then you have to first find out the type of carpet you have in your house.
If you have a dark carpet then you can use hairspray to remove the nail polish or any stains from it. But if the carpet is light then it is advised to not use hairspray to remove any spots from it.
However, cleaning nail polish from carpet with hairspray will consist of the following points.
- First of all, you need to wet the nail polish stains with cold water.
- Take Spray hairspray on the nail polish in a handsome amount.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol after hairspray.
- Take a scrub brush and scrub the stains. Pour cold water on it while scrubbing.
- Then pour some nail paint remove the stain and continue rubbing.
- Blot the stain with a white cloth until you get no stains of nail polish on it.
- You can use a paper towel to soak the excessive water around the stain.
- A wet/dry vacuum will also help you to remove excess liquid.
- You have to keep calm during the job as it is not an easy task. So hold your patience while doing it.
- You should repeat step 7 until the entire stain has gone.
How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Hydrogen Peroxide?
Hydrogen peroxide is a great cleaning agent, and you can use it on clothes and carpets to remove stains. Use it on the light carpets only.
You can get the nail polish out of the carpet using hydrogen peroxide as follows.
- Take a spray bottle and add hydrogen peroxide to it.
- Wet the stain with the solution by spraying it.
- Give the solution 10 to 15 minutes to sit on the stains.
- Take a paper towel or a piece of paper to blot the area.
- Repeat the previous step until the stains disappear.
This article is sure to help you in learning how to get nail polish out of carpet once it is dried.
Read through it and keep your house clean because who doesn’t like to stay clean and keep things tidy!