Imperfections on the walls finished with flat paint of your bedroom or anywhere in your house can be distressing for you. The walls with flat paint finish are smooth and give an amazing look to your house.
Flat paint keeps all the flaws away from your house walls. Such paint is highly recommended for living rooms and bedrooms because it gives a unique and noticeable effect to your house.
In this article, you will learn how to clean walls with a flat paint finish without streaks. Read the article thoroughly to get all the required details of the job. So let’s get started.
What to Use to Clean Walls with Flat Paint?
This question is the most common among homeowners. There is no need to search for the cleansing material outside your house because you can clean walls with flat paint finish with the items found easily in your home’s kitchen.
You can get rid of stains on the walls with flat paint finish by using the following items.
- Soft cloth
- Clean rag
- Eraser or cleaning pad
- Touch up paint
- Hot water
I hope so! You can get these items easily to do the task.
How to Clean Walls with Flat Paint Finish?
Numerous methods can help you to get out of this problem. You need to consider one of the following methods and then begin your job. The methods are listed from minor to some hard solutions.
You should first attempt the minor one but if it fails to help you to wear out the spots on your walls then you can apply some other method.
So, let’s dive into these methods.
1. Hot Water & Clean Cloth
To do the task you need to follow the below guidelines.
- Hot water can alone enough sometimes to clean the marks on the walls with flat paint finish. To apply hot water on the spot.
- Take a clean cloth or a rag to gently rub the area.
- Wipe out the area with a clean cloth and check your progress.
- For newly happened stains, this method is very useful but if you left stains unattended for a long time then this method might not help you.
2. Hot Water & Detergent
If the previous method does not work on the imperfections, then you should add few drops of mild detergent in it and then again rub the area with a rag. In this way, you will surely get success.
3. Hot Water & Vinegar
If you have access to vinegar, then you can add it to the hot water as a substitute for mild detergent. But be sure to add a small amount of vinegar and then apply the solution to the wall. After that rub the area with a cloth and then wipe to see in what direction you have to do your job.
4. Magic Eraser
Sometimes hot water does not prove helpful to clean stains even by adding other items in it. The magic erasers will be a great solution in this context. But one thing to note is that the magic erasers leave a residue when they wear down. So, you need to be very careful as the dark spots these sponges leave are not easy to remove.
5. Touch Up Paint
If you did not get rid of the stains on the walls with flat paint finish, then it is advised to get a can of touch-up paint and apply it on the surface to hide the spots. It is very easy to touch up the flat paint walls than semi-gloss paint.
At first, you should clean all the dust and debris from the area so that aftertouch paint that area of the wall does not look separate from the rest of the wall.
6. Last Solution
If the touch-up paint does not work in the manner, you want then the last solution of cleaning walls with flat paint finish is to buy matching paint and then apply it on the surface. In this way, you might need to repaint the entire wall and it will take more time to give your walls a fresh look.
Does Vinegar Hurt House Paint?
Vinegar is always considered the best cleansing product. It is the most economical and friendly item that is easily found in every house.
It is very effective for stains on hard surfaces but when it comes to painted walls then you need to be very careful and use only the required amount of vinegar on them. Otherwise, you might end up damaging the paint.
How to Clean Painted Walls with Vinegar?
To clean painted walls with vinegar, you need to attempt the following steps.
- First of all clean all the debris from the wall surface so that the solution will work directly on the spot.
- Add ½ cup of vinegar in one hot water gallon. The quantity of gallons depends on the length of the walls.
- Take a soft sponge and dip it into the solution.
- Rub the area with a sponge where you found stains.
- You do not need to rinse the area at the end.
How to Clean White Walls with Flat Paint?
The white walls are easy prey to any kind of stains and debris. So you should maintain it regularly and take immediate action whenever you see an imperfection.
To clean white walls with flat paint, you need to do it as follows.
- Take a mop bucket and add 3 drops of mild detergent to it.
- Add warm water to the bucket until it fills.
- Take a rag or a sponge and dip it into the solution.
- Place the sponge on the stains on the wall and start moving it upward and downward. In this way, you will create pressure on the stains, so it will help you to get rid of them.
- Be sure to add more soapy solution to the sponge when required. And at the end rinse the area with clean water to remove soapy residue.
How to Clean Fingerprints off Flat Painted Walls?
The children are fond to play with a wall that is why you might see fingerprints on your walls finished with flat paint.
If you want to clean the walls for fingerprints finished with flat paint then the following points will surely help you to get out of the problem.
- To clean fingerprints of flat painted walls, detergent or general-purpose cleaner will be suitable.
- Take a microfiber cloth and dip it into the product you choose in the previous step.
- Start rubbing the cloth on fingerprints to remove them.
- You can start by rubbing gently but if the stains of fingerprints are hard then you need to rub it harder.
The article provides the details on how to clean walls with flat paint. Follow the given details and have long-lasting walls.