Cleaning window screens is a very good way to keep them transparent. In this way, you will increase the lifetime of your windows.
With dust particles that fall on the window screen every day, it loses its shine and looks old. This is especially for the aluminum and fiberglass windows. When these are not clean, you cannot see objects through them.
On the other hand, with the clean windows, you will be able to see anything outside.
So regular cleaning is very useful for the windows. In this article, you will read about best way to clean window screens so, that you can keep your window screens clean and neat. Let us get started.
Best Way to Clean Window Screens:
If you are searching for the best window screen cleaning hack, then keep reading this section.
Follow the below steps from start to end, and you will get a clean and clear window.
- First of all, you have to remove the screens from the windows. One point of consideration is that you should not remove all the screens of the house at once. But if you are doing so, then number the screens and windows of one frame as same. In this way, you will not face any problem while reinstalling the screens. Take the same numbered screens and attach them.
- The second step is to vacuum the removed screens. Simply lay the window screen on a towel and vacuum it. You can use a handheld vacuum or with attachments that can be extended over the screen. Lightly move it on the screen and clean the screen from any dust or debris. Clean both sides of the screen one by one in the same manner.
- Make soapy water. Take a bucket, liquid cleanser, and water. You can take ¼ cup of cleanser and can mix it with ½ gallon water. Take a sponge and wash the screen with this soapy water on both sides. The screen should be in an upright position. Repeat it for every screen.
- Do not let the soap dry. Rinse the screen with water to clean the soap over the screen and make it transparent.
- At the end when you have finished the above steps. It is time to dry your screens and reinstall them properly. Use a towel to dry them and leave them in the open air for some time to completely dry them. Maintain the screens in this manner regularly for clean window screens.
How to Clean Window Screens with Vinegar?
Vinegar, especially white vinegar, is always used as a cleaning product at every house. And it is used in cleaning the window screens also. It can be applied on window screens as follows.
- First of all, prepare the liquid that consists of water, vinegar, and dishwashing detergent. If you clean your window screens regularly then you can add an equal quantity of water and vinegar but if you are using it for the first time, then use it in a low quantity. And if you have a very dusty window then use a strong solution otherwise apply only vinegar directly to window screens.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle if the window screens are small. But if the screens are long then you should use a hose to spray the solution on the screen.
- If the windows are very dirty, then use some soapy water to clean them before applying vinegar to them.
- After applying the vinegar, rinse your screens with clean water to get the results of the vinegar solution.
How to Clean Non-Removable Window Screens?
From the above-given details, you might be thinking that you can clean the window screens only when you remove them from the window. But this is not right. Yes! You have read it right. You can clean the screens of your windows even if they are non-removable. How? Check the below steps.
- Open the windows in a way that they are exposed to the open air.
- Take a cleanser and apply it from inside out on the screen. Make sure not to do it from outside.
- Use a wet sponge of clean water to wipe the solution from the window screens. Check for all the dust and clean it properly.
- In this way, you can easily clean non-removable window screens.
Cleaning Oxidized Aluminum Screens:
The oxidized aluminum means that the screens get dull with time or they have stains on them. But do not worry you can clean it as follows.
- Take a cleaning brush/cloth and clean all the debris from the screen.
- Mix one gallon of warm water in one or two tablespoons of dishwasher detergent.
- Now take a sponge or a cloth, and dip it into the mixture and clean the aluminum gently. And then wash the cloth with clean water and again use it on the screen to clean the solution. After this leave the aluminum to dry.
- Check if the oxidation is removed or not, if it is not removed then use some aluminum cleaner.
How to Clean Window Screens with Magic Eraser?
In most cases, the lint rollers fail to clean all the dirt from the screen. In this way, the magic eraser comes into the picture. It is a very strong tool against the dirt and can remove permanent marks. You can do it as follows.
- Apply the magic eraser on the window screen by mixing them with normal water.
- Use a sponge to clean the screen after some time.
- Rinse it with clean water.
- You will get excellent results with a magic eraser.
How to Clean a Window Behind a Screen?
This is a very good question. You not only have to clean the window screens. But you are also required to clean the window behind the screen. You can do it as follows.
- Take some drops of dishwashing detergent in your spray bottle and fill the bottle with water.
- Mix both the elements by shaking them.
- Rinse the window behind the screen with the spray to remove debris and dust.
- After coating the entire surface of the glass wait for 10 minutes and then rinse the solution with clean water. You will notice a clear difference before and after the cleansing process.
By adopting the above-mentioned steps and following the respective steps, you can have the best way to clean window screens. Happy cleaning!